Light Aburaage Kimchi Salad
This side dish is easy to make and offers a nice tangy fresh additive with some proteins for more hearty dishes. The salad is a mix of fermented and fresh salad which gives it a very savoury and fresh taste.
For me this dish is perfect for meal preparation as it can be made in large quantities quickly and keeps okay for up to 3 days.
- 350g Aburaage (Deep Fried Tofu)1
- Half a head of cabbage
- 60g Kimchi
- Give your tofu a quick fry (see 1 if not using Aburaage)
- Slice the cabbage into thin slice and give it a quick stir-fry until it is about half to be cooked.
- Add 1 tbsp of Sake and 1 tbsp of Mirin and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Add 1 tbsp of Light Soy Sauce.
- Mix the tofu, cabbage and Kimchi in a bowl. Done.
🧊 Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
If not available you can also simply pan fry tofy slices yourself, but it takes a bit more work. Sometimes you can also get fried whole tofu blocks, they work also just fine but probably need a quick pan fry too.